Monday, December 29, 2014

New EU Vat Regulations and blog break


There are new tax laws coming into effect in January for countries in the European Union regarding digital sales. From January 1st, businesses selling digital items to EU countries are obliged to register and pay VAT (Value Added Tax) to the country in which the customer lives.

With these new EU VAT regulations coming into effect in January, I'll temporarily to close my Etsy shop Lynlubell until I can work out just how I should handle the sales of digital patterns to my EU customers. It seems onerous for a small hobby shop to have to register for VAT in each EU country where a customer may buy a digital pattern, but that is the way I understand it at the moment. Etsy are bringing in some changes to help with the process and I will keep you posted on how this progresses.

In the meantime please contact me through my blog if you are interested in any of the pincushion patterns you may have seen in my Etsy shop. Leave a comment below and I will get back to you. You may also email me directly at "lynette dot warner at gmail dot com" in the usual format of name1.name2@gmail.com

On another note, I will be taking a break from blogging for a few weeks. I should be back here with you by the end of January with batteries fully recharged.

Till then, happy stitching!




No comments:

Post a Comment