Friday, May 11, 2012

Chikan SAL progress

I have been catching up on the chikan stitch along arranged by Anita on her blog artisticfingers.
Here is my chikan project so far.


The fabric is very transparent and shows off the shadow work, but I had to be careful because any untidy work on the back shows through to the front. The shadows in the photo below pick up some of the places where I have ended off the threads and perhaps worked over them too much when trying to keep them tidy.



I have enjoyed the SAL but it may be a while before my piece is completed. The family have arrived back to stay with us and I am a busy granny again.

The other happening here is that after three long years Rod has finished writing his book on Building Resilience, a self help book on improving your own personal resilience to cope with the difficult times. He has received the first copies from the printer and is setting up distribution channels. More about that soon.

2 comments:

  1. Lyn,
    It looks great! I know you are busy with your family but I'm happy that you've managed to complete the main part.Looking forward to see more from you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anita! I am enjoying working on it and really want to get to trying out Roman stitch soon.

    ReplyDelete