You may recall from my blog post some weeks ago, that I left the darker straight stitches on the lavender to stitch right at the end. I would not have thought of adding them if it weren't for the pattern, but they do provide extra depth and interesting detail. You can see how flat the flower spikes looked before I added those stitches in my previous post here.
When I got to putting the ribbon on the back, I had a moment of disappointment thinking that the ribbon was way too narrow.
It did work in the end though. I folded in the two ends of the green fabric to make sure that the raw edges would be hidden when the ribbon was stitched into place.
And the ribbon was just wide enough to cover the back of the stitching - well almost anyway. There was a tiny bit of the white stitched frame showing down one side. I couldn't seem to hide it without puckering up the front. I put it all away for a few days to think about and when I looked at it again, it seemed neat enough.
Finally, the silky tassel that came in the kit finished off the bookmark with a bit of pizzazz.
Now I'm working on my granddaughter's quilt. It's long overdue.
Till next time, happy stitching!