Friday, July 25, 2014

Christmas felt ball

I've had a felt ball with a Christmas theme on the go for a while. Well, two felt balls actually. The grandchildren are growing fast so I'd better finish them soon.


 
The idea came from an old book which I have misplaced so I am making up some of the little blocks now as I go along. The book was by Margaret Hutchings and called Modern Soft Toy Making.


I made this felt ball from the same book.


It's small and colourful and an ideal gift for a new baby or especially for a baby about to start crawling or walking. Both my grandsons loved theirs. You can see here and here how I made it and there are some tips on how to stitch it together.

I'm slowly adding to the 12 pieces I need to complete one new felt ball.

 
 Just three more to go...
 







No comments:

Post a Comment