The threads I used are Caron Watercolours. Its a 3 ply thread and I split it and used 2 strands for the pincushion on the left, and only 1 thread for the outer rows of stitching on the other pincushion. You can see a close up picture in my previous post 'Canvas Work Pincushion'.
To finish off the pincushions I chose a cotton patchwork fabric for the backs.
When the pincushion has been turned this extra row of stitches helps to stop a line of bare canvas from showing around the sides of the pincushion.
I trimmed the canvas and cut off the corners before I turned it.
Then I stuffed the pincushion with a polyester cushion stuffing and stitched it up using ladder stitch.
And here they are...
It's a quick, fun little project to do. It's also ideal for you if you haven't tried doing needlepoint before. I will post a free pattern with a stitch guide in my next post if all goes according to plan.