Monday, January 30, 2023

Pastel Candies - Pretty on Point

With a selection of pretty pastels and no set plan in mind, I've been trying out a few ideas for a canvas work pincushion. Starting with pink and lavender blue, I soon settled on the centre. I remember seeing something similar in a small Good Housekeeping booklet some years ago. I like the unusual swirling effect when you turn it and look at it from an angle.

I tried out colours and stitches for the next rounds, and after stitching and unpicking some of them, I remembered to take this photograph. 


It's been a busy and happy few months with family around and I picked it up and put down with little progress. That is until last week. The pincushion is now almost finished and I'll post more once I've sorted through my photos.

I hope you have made a good stitching start to the year.
Till next time, happy stitching!


2 comments: