Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Delicious colours

I'm playing with these delicious pastels. Paternayan wool, also known as Paterna, is lovely for stitching on 14 count canvas. 

I found the soft ice-cream colours at the All Threads Embroidery shop in Brisbane. What a marvellous little shop it is for anything embroidery! It seems that I was fortunate to find any Paterna wool there at all. In future they will be stocking only Appletons crewel wool because of the continuing Paternayan supply issues. 

In my last post here, I was looking forward to a trip to South Africa to visit family. Well, things don't always work out the way we want them to and I ended up in bed with flu instead and had to cancel my flight. So, I have no travel news to share with you. 

I hope your plans for the festive season are going well. Our Christmas tree and decorations have just gone up with lots of help from my grandchildren. It's a bit later than usual but still in plenty of time to sprinkle some pre-Christmas cheer.

Till next time, happy stitching.

2 comments: