Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Pricked Card and Sticky Tape

 How do you finish off the threads on the back of a pricked card?

Sticky tape! Eek! 

I was very reluctant to use it at first but, yes, sticky tape and stitching do go together. There's no other sensible way that I could think of to anchor the threads. I am still a bit skeptical of using tape and I probably use more than is necessary. It does work well though. 

Sticky tape and an untidy back are why I use a three fold card. 


It is necessary to cover up the back. The extra flap can be neatly stuck down with either double sided tape or with a little paper glue.


The pattern called for tiny sequins for the eyes that I didn't have. I think the straight stitches will do.

'Till next time, happy stitching!


4 comments:

  1. I hadn’t even thought of how to end the threads. I googled this technique and saw some online patterns. I like how yours turned out and may try this in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny, but I also didn't think about how to end the threads until I pricked out a design and wanted to start stitching.

      Delete
  2. I agree, sticky tape saves the day in this case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! It adheres well to the both the metallic and the DMC stranded threads that I have used before.

    ReplyDelete