Ighali, which means 'threads' in a local language, is taking place in Cape Town from 19 to 24 September 2018. It's an opportunity for embroiderers to attend classes presented by the leading embroiderers in South Africa. It's also a time when embroiderers get together, make friends and share their love of stitching.
You can still find a spot in these classes:
- Margie Prestedge's Smocked dress. You just do the smocking. Wow!
- Alice Wilson's Modern sampler - ideal for beginners and looks like great fun!
- Creative Canvas Work Knot Garden by Vyvyan Muller
- Lorraine Weers' gorgeous Heritage Box
- Lesley Turpin Delport's imaginative classes
I wish I could attend a couple of those. You are certainly are in for a treat if you are one of the lucky ones who do attend. Here are contact details if you are interested in attending.
- Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration: email@example.com
- Website: www.embroiderynetwork.co.za
This year the venue for Ighali is in the heart of beautiful Constantia. Below are photos taken in the area at an open garden a couple of years ago.
|Constantia mountain view|
|Historic house Constantia, Cape Town|
Find out more about Ighali by visiting the ENSA website or the CEG Facebook page here.