Monday, June 22, 2015

Patch Pockets

Children love having pockets on their pants. I thought patch pockets would be a lot easier to sew than those that you let into the side seams.


After scanning some free patterns and tutorials I based my pockets on this excellent tutorial found on Dana-made-it.com


Here's a peek at the contrasting lining I chose for my two year old granddaughter. It's a lovely tactile silky satin in an unexpected sky blue colour.


Next time I'll show you the little surprises I made to put in the pockets.



2 comments:

  1. These look great, Lyn. I like pockets too - nest way of managing my mobile phone! Must be a good tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jillian! The pockets were quick and easy to make and the tutorial is well illustrated with free pocket patterns to print out. Don't you just love the internet?

    ReplyDelete