Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dresden Lace Course at Ighali 2014

The brochure for Ighali 2014 was published last week. Now I can tell you about the Dresden Lace course I have been planning to teach there. Let's just hope that I have enough ladies to fill a class.

The embroidery festival "Tribute to the Needle" will take place in Port Elizabeth from 25 to 29 August. The main focus of the festival is teaching and the full brochure is available on the Embroidery Network South Africa website ENSA here. There are also lunch time lectures to attend, vendors for shopping and an exhibition of embroidery from 26-28 August, so lots to see and do.


My course is titled "A Glimpse of Dresden Lace - The Lily" and will run over 3 days. It will cover the techniques of Dresden Lace and give students the opportunity to work on a fine cotton muslin in the style of Dresden Lace and practice some rarely seen pulled work stitches.

I was first invited to submit a proposal to teach at Igahli in October 2012. I had just arrived in Brisbane for the birth of my granddaughter and it was a full 3 months before I returned home and could start work on my idea. Its been a long time since that initial exciting email and its really nice to finally see the brochure out.

4 comments:

  1. How exciting! Seems to me it is a perfect project for the time. I like projects you can get close to finishing in class. It looks as if there is variety and a very elegant design. Do hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jillian. Thanks for the good wishes. We should have time to practise the stitches and get quite a lot of the stitching done in the class. I'm really looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pattern and stitching Lyn! *sigh* wish I could attend and learn this beautiful technique. Wishing you all the best !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, thank you. It was so nice to hear from you again. The stitches for my Ighali project are unusual and challenging - and something I really like doing. BTW I have enjoyed seeing your Kantha SAL project unfolding too.

      Delete