Friday, January 20, 2012

Khao Yai National Park, Thailand

I'm in Bangkok for my grandson's first birthday. This weekend the family are all going to Khao Yai. We hope to spot gibbons and I always hope for a glimpse of one of the few elusive tigers they have in the park.  


The monkey-like gibbons have pretty golden fur and live in the top story of the forest canopy. They have extraordinary long arms for swinging through the jungle and foraging for food in the tree tops. 


White handed or Lar Gibbon.(Photo by Nutdanai Apikhomboonwaroot
 on the website http://www.freedigitalphotos.net)

Cindy reminds me that the tigers are nocturnal and sightings are very rare. It is nevertheless wonderful to think that you are walking around and may be very close to one of those magnificent big cats in its natural surroundings.

Thank goodness its not leech season. I don't fancy the leeches that you so quickly pick up either on your shoes when you walk along the path through the jungle or when you brush against the vegetation - and they are everywhere in leech season.

Not much stitching has been happening lately but I do plan to make Liam something for his birthday. Its all cut out and I ready to go when we return from Khao Yai.

No comments:

Post a Comment