Friday, April 15, 2011

Autumn in the Cape

It's a lovely time of year in Cape Town. The extreme heat of summer is behind us and the Southeaster has died down leaving the weather pleasantly warm and with almost no wind. 





It's always a sign that winter is definitely on the way when the Plectranthus bloom. I was too late to catch mine in full bloom, but did catch a snap of a small plant that grew from a cutting I simply pushed into the ground last year. I just can't get enough of that rich purple-blue colour.




The other plant that seems to have done well this year is the ribbon bush, Hypoestes aristata. It's so full of flowers that the stems are starting to droop under the weight of the them.



As you may gather I have been spending some time out in the garden, so I haven't done as much stitching as I would have liked. I was working on one of Jenny McWhinney's very sweet little designs and will post a bit more about the project when I make some progress. It's my first attempt at needlepainting and the going has been slow. This is as far as I've got with Monet the mouse riding on his bicycle.


Bronwyn, Simon and little Jake have arrived from London and we are all going up to Kruger Park for a few days so there will be very little stitching for a while. Till next time, autumn or spring, enjoy the change of season wherever you are.

And do leave a comment. There are guidelines for comments at the end of the blog if you need them. I'd love to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment